Umbra Review Sweepstakes 2023
No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
1. Eligibility: The Umbra Product Review Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to persons who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the United States and Canada and eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor Umbra Ltd. 40 Emblem Court, Scarborough, ON, M1S 1B1 ("Sponsor"), whose decisions are final and binding as to all aspects of this Sweepstakes.
3. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on December 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period") and consists of twelve (12) "Monthly Entry Periods", as set forth in the chart below:Sponsor has the right to change the Entry Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes, at any time and in its sole discretion.
4. How to Enter: There is one (1) method of entry: (i) the Product Review Method of Entry outlined below. There is no limit on the number of Entries permitted per Entrant. Entrant may be disqualified in Sponsor's sole discretion.
i) Product Review Method of Entry:
During the Entry Period, eligible participants can enter the Sweepstakes through the Product Review Method of Entry by clicking on the "Review This Item" link contained in an email from Sponsor and following the email instructions to review the product(s) they purchased. Alternatively, eligible participants may visit https://ca.umbra.com/ (the "Website") and click on the “Write A Review” link available on the product listing pages on the Website.
In addition, to receive a Sweepstake entry, the content of the review must be (a) relevant to the product it is submitted for, (b) contain your honest feedback, (c) contain the badge “sweepstakes entry” (which should be automatically added when you follow the proper hyperlink to make the review), and (d) posted within the Promotion Period. There is no requirement that the rating or review be a positive endorsement. For each qualifying review you post, you will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Monthly Entry Period drawing.
Once you successfully submit a review of any product on the Website and it follows all of the criteria you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes.
Only one (1) review per each product listing during the Entry Period will be eligible for the Sweepstakes. All product reviews must be in English.
Sponsor does not guarantee the public posting of any product review and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to post a product review for any reason, including, but not limited to, if it contains any content that violates third party intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights; contains obscene, lewd, discriminatory or offensive language or otherwise objectionable material; comments on other retailers or websites; or comments on competitive products or other products, pricing or availability. Entrant agrees that Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of product reviews by third parties. Multiple reviews of the same product, fraudulent product reviews and non-product review Entries will not be posted or accepted and all Entries from any such user will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void and may disqualify any Entrant who uses such means to enter from participating. Entrants may not submit product review Entries with multiple email addresses nor use any device or artifice to submit product reviews multiple times or as multiple Entrants. Any Entrant who attempts to submit multiple Entries, with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device or artifice to subvert the entry process will be disqualified from participation in the Sweepstakes, and all product reviews and Entries submitted by that Entrant will be void.
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deceiving or using other unfair playing practices. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. The "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during each Monthly Entry Period, on or around the dates set forth in the chart in Section 3 above. Entries from one Monthly Entry Period will not carry-over into subsequent Entry Periods. Once potential winner's eligibility is verified, he/she will be confirmed as a winner and will be emailed the gift card. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled within one month after the conclusion of each Entry Period.
6. Prize and Its Approximate Retail Value ("Arv"):
TWELVE (12) PRIZES (1 prize awarded each Monthly Entry Period): Winner will receive one (1) Umbra. eGiftCard valued at two hundred dollars ($200.00). The eGiftCard will be delivered directly to the winner’s email address used to enter.
Gift Card is awarded on an “as is” basis, and cannot be redeemed for cash or used as payment for purchases of additional Gift Cards or as an adjustment to prior purchase(s) or applied as payment on any account. Gift Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries during the applicable Monthly Entry Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Any applicable taxes and all other costs/expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of winner.
Prize is nontransferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, other than as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
7. General Conditions: Entrants must have a valid email address, and it is entrant's responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winner is responsible for all local, state and federal taxes on the prize, including sales or use taxes. By participating, entrant agrees to, releases and holds the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively "Releasees") harmless from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death, personal injury or loss or damage to property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance or use/misuse of a prize, participation in any promotion-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, winner agrees, where imposing such condition is legal, that Sponsor and their designees shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use of his/her name, city and state of residence and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification and, upon request, will confirm consent to such use in writing. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of winner and prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between statements contained in any materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as planned is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and award prize from among all eligible Entries received up to that date. All disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity (individually, "Claim") arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, the meaning or interpretation of the rules or any prize awarded shall be resolved by applying the laws of the city of Toronto, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts within that state. All Claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and all Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event include attorneys' fees, and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Winner's List: For the name of the Winner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Umbra Review Sweepstakes Winner"