Retail Partner Guidelines
RETAIL PARTNER GUIDELINES - USA & CANADA
Umbra has built a powerful brand over the past three decades. Our customers—an engaged community of home and design enthusiasts—regard us as the worldwide leader of original, modern, casual and functional home accessories. They expect a lot from us and from you as our partners. As a result, we look forward to working with you to deliver high, consistent brand standards, following the guidelines below:
- All accounts are approved based on ability to market Umbra products in a manner that showcases Umbra as original, modern, functional and casual. The mix of product that a retailer sells must be complementary and aligned with Umbra brand strategy and target customer base.
- Approved accounts understand that they cannot sell Umbra product on an online third-party marketplace (e.g. Amazon, eBay) without approval from Umbra.
- Approved accounts understand that they cannot sell the product to (or act as a distributor for) any re-seller with the exception of interior designers, hotels, restaurants, or commercial landlords.
- To maintain an ’active’ account standing, retailers must order no less than one time per calendar year.
ADVERTISING AND MARKETING
- Umbra name, logo, products and trademarks may only be re-purposed with written approval from an Umbra Sales Manager (or Marketing Manager, in lieu of). This can be initiated by contacting Umbra Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 800 387 5122.
- Umbra reserves the right to review all advertising and marketing approvals prior to distribution.
- When promoting Umbra trademarks and products via external paid search engines, online marketplaces or social networks, the Customer agrees with the following:
- (i) Customer must not give the impression that it is, or represents, Umbra, through use of phrases such as ‘Official Site';
- (ii) Customer must ensure that all copy used for search and keyword purposes is appropriate and 100 percent accurate and does not contain any claims that could be construed to be false or misleading.
- (iii) Customer agrees that, following notice from Umbra, customer will promptly remove any search listing containing copy and/or derivative works of Umbra’s content that Umbra, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for any reason.
- Umbra requests that retailers honor Umbra MSRPs as provided with our price sheet. This can be obtained from your Umbra Sales Rep or from Umbra Customer Service at email@example.com.
For customers that do not service the Umbra brand as outlined within the above guidelines, Umbra may choose to refuse future purchase orders and/or eliminate any discounts, promotions or benefits provided for a 12-month period. We value your partnership in ensuring the continued strength of the Umbra brand. We thank you for your support.