We share a vision of creating original, modern, and casual design for every room in the home. Curiosity, creativity and a passion for design are common characteristics of Umbra people around the world. We work out of more than 15 different countries, collaborating and pulling the best out of each other and ourselves. We are a private company with more than 30 years of experience in our industry—still led by our original founders.
We are driven. We explore options and seek out innovative solutions—not just in our product development cycle, but in the way we approach our business. Our business model is unique: no other housewares company is so intensely focused on continuously designing original product, while at the same time managing production, distribution and our very own flagship retail store. Our products sell in over 120 countries, with exciting plans for expansion. Being vertically integrated and truly global allows us to develop broad and diverse business skills.
We are Umbra.
Original...our people cherish design and are continuously innovating new products that respond to everyday challenges in the home
Modern...our people embrace and drive change in a business that is constantly evolving
Casual...our people don’t take themselves too seriously, but we’re professionals in our approach to business and leadership
If you are looking for a truly unique work experience where you can apply your creativity, individuality and intelligence to a growing global business, take a look at an opportunity at Umbra!
Opportunities at Umbra
Digital Marketing Coordinator
This position …
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will support all digital marketing activities to efficiently grow positive brand awareness and drive revenue. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong understanding of ecommerce and digital marketing, project management skills, attention to detail and a proactive approach to their work.
The details …
- Management of umbra.com and umbrashift.com including regular merchandising and product loading (2x per year)
- Support the activation, execution and ongoing maintenance of programs and initiatives to boost ecommerce sales (regular email campaigns, onsite campaign development and activation, SEO and SEM management, and management of all social media channels).
- Regular review and reporting of website analytics and able to recognize a need to adjust campaigns when necessary in order to achieve sales targets.
- Community management, content generation and reporting for social properties (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
- Manage relationship and ongoing projects with an outside agency
- Manage work-back schedules with Brand Studio
- Ensure brand consistency in all areas of Umbra promotions and operations (website, email campaigns, social media).
- Assist internal teams with digital requests
What we’re looking for …
- An enthusiastic individual who loves all things digital, is highly organized and has the proven ability to manage an ecommerce site and represent the brand in all digital channels (including social media)
- University or college degree in marketing or digital marketing
- Minimum of 3 years eCommerce or digital content management experience
- Experience working with the Magento platform
- Experience with website analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Experience with search (paid and organic) and reporting
- Ability to plan, execute and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a team-based environment
- Experience in executing and maintaining brand and product messaging in digital mediums – website, social media, email, blog
- Has a creative flair and has experience developing content for social media
- Strong project management, communication and collaboration skills
- Good knowledge of HTML
- Excellent editing, writing and proofreading abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure and be a strong problem solver
- Self-motivated and able to multitask to meet tight deadlines
What we offer …
A fast-paced, mind-blowing work experience like no other. Umbra is a special place for those who not only think outside the box, but sometimes have trouble finding the box.
All permanent full-time associates enjoy incentive programs, group benefits and RSP, continuous learning opportunities, recognition galore, on-site gourmet café, and full gym facilities. Overall, a pretty awesome place to work!
How to apply …
If this grabs your attention, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , referencing “Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.